HearAbility Essex is a partnership between Hearing Help Essex, Royal Association for Deaf People, and Support 4 Sight. It will provide information, advice and support to people with hearing loss in Essex.
HearAbility is county wide – we have two outreach workers who run support sessions and information stands to help with issues associated with hearing loss. We provide the following:
- Advice to people who feel their hearing is failing
- Support and encouragement to new hearing aid users or those who have an aid but rarely use it
- Advice on hearing aid maintenance and repairs
- Information and advice re assistive equipment
- Discounted travel and Benefits advice
- Disability registration
- We can visit residential homes, day centres, village halls, libraries and community groups to deliver HearAbility Support sessions.
Our outreach workers can demonstrate a range of specialist equipment that can improve communication in daily life such as amplified telephones and flashing doorbells. Some of this equipment can be demonstrated and loaned on a short term basis to be tested in the home environment.
If you are organising an event, or book speakers for your organisation and would like to request a presentation from one of our outreach workers please contact the Resource Centre on email@example.com or call 01245 496347